ASDIP Structural Software announces the release of ASDIP CONCRETE 5 engineering software. Design professionals utilize ASDIP CONCRETE software for the design of concrete members. The following are some of the most important features and benefits included in this version 5.
This new version includes five modules:
- Concrete Column Design – Uni-axial or bi-axial columns. Section can be either rectangular or circular. Slenderness effects are considered for sway and non-sway columns. Multiple reinforcing options. Graphical generation of the interaction diagram.
- Continuous Beam Design – Up to five spans and two cantilevers. End supports can be either fixed or pinned. Multiple load types and load cases. Design Manager to expedite the design. Graphical generation of shear and moment diagrams and beam elevation, as well as the strength diagrams.
- Concrete / Masonry Bearing Wall Design – Either concrete or masonry walls. Multiple gravity and lateral out-of-plane loads. Slenderness effects are considered. Either one- or two-story walls. Wall openings reinforcing design. Graphical generation of the interaction, axial, shear, and moment diagrams.
- One-Way Slab Design – Up to five spans and two cantilevers. Multiple load cases and combinations. Graphical generation of shear and moment diagrams and beam elevation, as well as the strength diagrams. Code requirements check.
- Shear Wall Design – ACI seismic provisions considered. Full design for axial, bending and shear. Graphical generation of the interaction diagram. Either pre-combined loads or nominal load cases. Complete design of boundary members. Ductile design, considering the maximum probable moment for shear design.
- Start your ASDIP CONCRETE free 15-day trial.
In addition to a better layout design and dozens of improvements, the following are the most important new features and benefits in ASDIP CONCRETE 5:
Shear Wall Design
ASDIP CONCRETE 5 will include a new module for Shear Wall Design per the latest ACI 318-19 provisions. This new module generates the P-M interaction diagram to verify the bending capacity ratio for the controlling axial force. In addition, it calculates the amplified design shear force considering the maximum probable moment to assure a ductile design. Finally, it checks the multiple code provisions for the design and detailing of the wall web and the boundary members.
ASDIP x ETABS Integration
ASDIP CONCRETE 5 now is able to import the column size and loads directly from an ETABS model and design the columns accordingly. For a large building the number of imported column loads could be several thousands, so this feature will save you time and effort. In addition, the whole grout of columns can be designed using the Batch Design Manager feature. Importing loads for other members, such as beams, will be added in the near future.
Import Loads via Excel (.xls)
ASDIP CONCRETE 5 now includes a function to import the column loads from an Excel spreadsheet. Most analysis software packages are able to export the analysis results in a tabular format, so you can copy / paste this information to a pre-formatted Excel spreadsheet and let ASDIP CONCRETE read it.
This feature will allow to import loads from any analysis software, provided that the loads are first copied to the ASDIP Excel template. Once the information has been read by ASDIP CONCRETE, the column design can be completed using ASDIP.
Torsion in Beams
ASDIP CONCRETE 5 will include the design for torsion per the ACI 318-19 provisions. The torsion diagram will be generated for the continuous beam, and the transverse and longitudinal reinforcement will be designed accordingly. This feature will be added shortly after release.
ASDIP CONCRETE 5 has been released. It includes the design of Concrete Columns, Concrete Beams (with or without Torsion), Concrete/Masonry Bearing Walls, One-Way Slabs, and Shear Walls along with dozens of improvements. The design of such structures may be completed and optimized in minutes.
Detailed information is available about this structural engineering software by visiting ASDIP CONCRETE. For our collection of blog posts about retaining walls please visit Structural Concrete Design.
You are invited to download a Free 15-Day Software Trial or go ahead and Place Your Order. Best regards,
Javier Encinas, PE
ASDIP Structural Software