By: Javier Encinas, PE | January 31, 2017
ASDIP Structural Software announces the release of the new version of ASDIP STEEL (Version 4) engineering software. Design professionals utilize ASDIP STEEL software for the design of steel members and connections. Following are some of the most important features included in this version 4.
What modules are included in ASDIP STEEL 4?
This new version includes the following 4 modules:
- Base plate / Anchorage – Design of column base plates, anchor rods, and shear lugs. Now it includes ACI / AISC Seismic Provisions.
- Steel column – Design of biaxial sway or non-sway columns. Now it includes AISC Seismic Provisions.
- Steel / Composite beam – Design of composite or non-composite beams.
- Shear connections – New module for design of multiple types of shear connections.
The following new features are common to all modules:
- Loads may be specified either as load cases or as pre-combined.
- Load cases are internally combined per the ASCE 7- 05 or 10 load combinations.
- Load cases are: Dead, Live, Roof Live, Snow, Wind, and Seismic.
- Special combinations per seismic provisions included.
- Software finds and reports the controlling load combination.
The annotated screenshots below provide a quick insight of the software.